Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Health: Allergies?

Hey Guys,

Just got my blood work back from the Doc and am very interested in the results. I have long suspected some sort of gluten intolerance, and other allergies and could hardly wait to find out.

Well, turns out I was right. I do have a gluten intolerance, and turns out a casein intolerance as well. So, my allergies are: aramanth, kidney and pinto beans, cheese, cow and goat milk, pineapple, almonds, wheat, bakers and brewer's yeast, zucchini, and wheat.

The only ones I'm really sad about is the pineapple and zucchini. Pineapple is an addiction of mine, and I eat zucchini like you can't believe. Leads me to believe that some of my cravings may indicate an sensitivity...hhmmmm...food for thought.

My doctor also said that it's very likely I have a candida overgrowth, which is simply a yeast in the body. You always have good flora in your body, but sometimes due to a number of factors this good to bad flora ratio can be overthrown and the bad starts to dominate.

So what does all this mean? I have had some unoptimal body issues and this helps unlock the door on why. I feel much more cause over my health and empowered with this knowledge.

I'll keep you posted on my new casein, gluten, allergry-free lifestyle! :-)

ML,
Jades

No comments:

Post a Comment